S.M.A.R.T. Does not start

Status
Not open for further replies.

kikotte

Explorer
Hi,

S.M.A.R.T.

Do not want to start where can I see the log for it?

Check if SMART is enable for one or more USB devices, like your boot device, go to Storage -> View Disks, click on it/them and disable SMART, you should now be able to start the SMART service.

kikotte

Explorer
Check if SMART is enable for one or more USB devices, like your boot device, go to Storage -> View Disks, click on it/them and disable SMART, you should now be able to start the SMART service.

http://I.imgur.com/UlTv5Yr.png
UlTv5Yr.png

Should I turn everyone off, how do I know if any dishes are running out?

Looks like you're not using USB devices, still if one or more of your devices is the problem there should be error about it on the console, though my prime suspects would be nvd0 and nved1, possibly da12 and da13, you could disable SMART for those four and if the service starts just enable 2 by 2 to see which ones are the problem.

kikotte

Explorer
Looks like you're not using USB devices, still if one or more of your devices is the problem there should be error about it on the console, though my prime suspects would be nvd0 and nved1, possibly da12 and da13, you could disable SMART for those four and if the service starts just enable 2 by 2 to see which ones are the problem.

I try to turn off the ones you write but nothing happened but when I turn it off, it works and then when I put back everything except nvd0 nved1 it will work.

shame should it be?

NVMe devices don't have ATA/SATA like attributes and are likely not fully understood by the SMART service, you should be fine by leaving SMART disable for those, but you can also create a bug report for future support.

kikotte

Explorer
Last edited:

Solve my problem! I'm wondering why this is a problem in Freenas 11.1-u1 while in previous version (exact same config) it wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.