Ryzen 7 2700x cpu reading is 100° celcius.

arn0z

Dabbler
Hello,

I noticed that my Ryzen 7 2700x CPU temp readings are at 100 deg celcius on idle. The CPU has worked great. And that reading is clearly wrong from what I can tell. BIOS temp is like 35 deg on idle. There is no overclock other than SoC voltage being 1.1 which is the recommended voltage from AMD. RAM however is overclocked (32GB total).

If anyone has a Ryzen I'd be nice if they could share their temp readings. UI readings and sysctl -a | grep temp ones are the same and fluctuate between 98 and 100 for me.

I saw some other posts with people reporting weird readings. I cannot find a definitive answer on what is going on. Is this a driver issue? Is this a FreeNAS bug? Can't figure it out. I could go without the readings to be honest. These things bother me though.

I'm happy to provide more hardware info.

Thanks

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Can't figure it out. I could go without the readings to be honest. These things bother me though.
There are not very many people I am aware of that have used systems that are not Intel based because there are not very many well supported system boards that use AMD processors. You might want to submit a bug report on this and the developers might be able to get some debug data from your system to help improve support in the future. It is probably just down to data being interpreted incorrectly by the middleware.

arn0z

Dabbler
Yeah it’s quite sad actually because the Zen arch is really nice. I heard ASRock is coming out with some line of products called ASRack targeted towards servers. Some mobo models have AM4 sockets unlike other server targeted manufacturers and I’m feeling really excited about it. Anyhow, I will open a ticket and see how this goes. Thanks for the advice.

Junglist724

Cadet
Yeah it’s quite sad actually because the Zen arch is really nice. I heard ASRock is coming out with some line of products called ASRack targeted towards servers. Some mobo models have AM4 sockets unlike other server targeted manufacturers and I’m feeling really excited about it. Anyhow, I will open a ticket and see how this goes. Thanks for the advice.
Yeah, just installed freenas on a 2700x machine that used to be a proxmox node. On Debian it would read normal 30-50C temps including the offset added to Tctl. Freenas web interface is showing 90-100C, which the boost algorithm wouldn't even allow to happen so I know it can't be right.

arn0z

Dabbler
Yeah, just installed freenas on a 2700x machine that used to be a proxmox node. On Debian it would read normal 30-50C temps including the offset added to Tctl. Freenas web interface is showing 90-100C.

NAS-101484

I opened a ticket. Chime in if u wish.