Rsync Tasks vs Rsync Command Line

Tups

Cadet
I'm only 2 days in to this. Fresh.

Source Machine is my PC which is Windows 11 Pro
Destination my TrueNAS

Just trying to run a simple pull with the TrueNAS from my PC

The following works perfectly when I run it out of the Shell in TrueNAS. No issues at all. It's got the keys etc. for no password.
Code:
rsync -ave blanka@192.168.50.113:/mnt/x/Notepad/ /mnt/BackUp/StudioPC/Notepad/ 

However, when I try and do this using Rsync Tasks, two issues. One is in red below. So it feels like the connection works
1693735698175.png

When I remove the Validate Remote Path to just try it out, it of course fails and I get the following
1693735839212.png

Good couple of days trying many different things and feeling pretty stupid right now. Hoping someone has an insight on this.

Silly as this may sound, might you not have better luck with a PUSH direction from Windows 11 to your TrueNAS server? This will assume that your TrueNAS server is online 24/7, yet the Windows computer may be powered off or suspended regularly. (You'd create a .bat script that Windows Scheduler will run daily.) This is what I do.

If you still want to try this route, you'll need to share more info about your setup on Windows.

EDIT: You should also invoke the "--inplace" option when rsync'ing to a ZFS destination.

EDIT 2: The GUI looks like SCALE, yet you posted under the "FreeNAS Legacy" subforum?

Tups

Cadet
Silly as this may sound, might you not have better luck with a PUSH direction from Windows 11 to your TrueNAS server? This will assume that your TrueNAS server is online 24/7, yet the Windows computer may be powered off or suspended regularly. (You'd create a .bat script that Windows Scheduler will run daily.) This is what I do.

If you still want to try this route, you'll need to share more info about your setup on Windows.

EDIT: You should also invoke the "--inplace" option when rsync'ing to a ZFS destination.

EDIT 2: The GUI looks like SCALE, yet you posted under the "FreeNAS Legacy" subforum?
Not silly at all as I actually gave up with pull method in another nas to nas situation as well. Appreciate the insight.

And yes, I have posted to the wrong place it seems. I’ll try to figure out how to move it later. I was very tired when making this cry for help!