Rsync Module Permissions Issue FreeNAS-11.3-BETA1

bwfan49

Cadet
Good afternoon,

I have recently installed FreeNAS FreeNAS-11.3-BETA1 and am attempting to setup an Rsync module, I was able to create the task on the PUSH server successfully. I am having problems on the PULL server side. I have created a disk pool and data-set, see the attached image. I get the following errors when trying to save the module configuration. I blew out the pool and data-set and tried again, same problem. Is this a BETA1 issue or am I missing something?

Please specify a valid user - as per documentation it is set as root
Please specify a valid group - as per documentation it is set as wheel

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

thanks!

Attachments

• Annotation 2019-11-22 131812.png
    Annotation 2019-11-22 131812.png
    95.5 KB · Views: 261

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
This is the guide that I followed when setting up rsync between my two servers. It works, but you do not need to have the "pull" setup. It works just fine with the push only. The way I used it was that all changes were done onthe primary server with the backup being just a backup and no changes were made there.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Good afternoon,

I have recently installed FreeNAS FreeNAS-11.3-BETA1 and am attempting to setup an Rsync module, I was able to create the task on the PUSH server successfully. I am having problems on the PULL server side. I have created a disk pool and data-set, see the attached image. I get the following errors when trying to save the module configuration. I blew out the pool and data-set and tried again, same problem. Is this a BETA1 issue or am I missing something?

Please specify a valid user - as per documentation it is set as root
Please specify a valid group - as per documentation it is set as wheel

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

thanks!
That's a bug that made it past QA. It will be fixed in BETA2.

bwfan49

Cadet
This is the guide that I followed when setting up rsync between my two servers. It works, but you do not need to have the "pull" setup. It works just fine with the push only. The way I used it was that all changes were done onthe primary server with the backup being just a backup and no changes were made there.
Thanks Chris - interestingly I did try that tutorial before posting as well and it was a no go. I see there was another post after yours from dlavigne mentioning a drop down menu selection bug. At least I'm not going mad! :Do_O