rsync Freenas ISO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I finally got rsync working between two Freenas servers. It works fine. However I use my server for a large DVD copy library and the files are .ISO. My TV shows when duplicated do not have the extension and rsync perfectly. The .ISO extension files do not. Any idea what to do? Is there a way to remove the .ISO and have windows recognize the file? Is seems to on the TV files which don't show an extension. Any help will be great!

Thanks in advance.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Hi. I finally got rsync working between two Freenas servers. It works fine. However I use my server for a large DVD copy library and the files are .ISO. My TV shows when duplicated do not have the extension and rsync perfectly. The .ISO extension files do not. Any idea what to do? Is there a way to remove the .ISO and have windows recognize the file? Is seems to on the TV files which don't show an extension. Any help will be great!

Thanks in advance.
The whole, "no extension," thing is a Windows lie. The browser in Windows is just not showing you the extension. If it actually isn't there, it can't work properly. You should not try to make these go away and your question doesn't really make sense. Are the ISO files not being copied between the two NAS systems?

I will try to be clearer. Any file which has an ISO extension is not being backed up with Freenas using rsync.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Status
Not open for further replies.