Rsync between truenas core and truenas scale

Louis2

Contributor
I try to rsync between two truenas systems one core and one scale system.

That should be peanuts, however I do not manage:
- I defined a user "mr_sync" on the core system
- and did allow that ^him^ to access to the dataset to be copied to the other nas (the scale system)
- I also defined the user on the scale system with write access to the destination folder

Then I tried to define the rsync task trying to set up a push from the core system towards the scale system
- the intended method is to use SSH
- so I generated a pair of ssh-keys (using bitvise) and uploaded the public key to the user account on the scale system
(and I disable the password)
- at the core site the user needs the PK. you can not install the PK using the user definitions, so I have been searching the internet
- It seems that you have to add the PK to the .ssh/authorized_keys file in the users directory ..
(if that is true IMHO, I could have added both the PK and the pub key via the user admin gui) !!??
- since it still did not work, as root I explicitly changed the permissions of the authorized_keys file
chmod -R 700 chmod -R 700
chown -R mr_sync:mr_sync .ssh

After all these actions it still does not work:
- the rsync menu is complaining
a) there is no PK in the user dir
b) the other side does (of course) refused the connection

A second issue is that it seems to be required to define a schedule for the rsync task
'''' however I do not want a schedule ... I want to start the task manually !!
The reason for that is that the dataset at the core site is a normally running VM
and I want to stop the VM before the RSYNC task

So I have the following problems / questions:
1) what should I do to make RSYNC working
2) how to define a RSYNC task without a scedule
3) I could not find any formal description related to rsync in conjunction with a user PK
(what I know is based on previous treads) So if there is a formal description, where ?