Restricting access to CIFS folders on a user level

Status
Not open for further replies.

csh8428

Dabbler
I'm on V9.3.I have a volume with a bunch of movies of various levels of age appropriateness in 3 specific folders. Lets call them Kids, Teens, Adults. I have 3 windows users(Tom(kid), John(Teen), Kim(Adult) in the house. Tom and John should only be able access their respective folders and Kim should be able to access them all. I've been looking around and haven't found anything that really solves what I'm looking for in a way that seems like it should be simple. Anyone have an easy way to do this?

Thanks,

Craig

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
That's a trivial permissions setup. Have you seen @m0nkey_ 's videos in the resources section? There's very little to getting permissions to work correctly, in most simple setups.
The only real catch is that the only truly functional way of editing permissions is with Windows.

csh8428

Dabbler
That's a trivial permissions setup. Have you seen @m0nkey_ 's videos in the resources section? There's very little to getting permissions to work correctly, in most simple setups.
The only real catch is that the only truly functional way of editing permissions is with Windows.

Thanks! I will give those a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.