SOLVED Restore Owncloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

eroji

Contributor
In an attempt to fix the problem with the latest Owncloud plugin and cron job not running, I think I jacked up my Owncloud jail. It was installed via the plugin section, and I have tried installing/upgrading the PHP package in the jail to PHP5. I think this was the cause of the issue. However, removing the package now doesn't seem to do any good. The apache service is running but I am not unable to get to Owncloud via HTTPS and trying to hit HTTP just comes back with a "It works" page.

My question is, is this still fixable? If not, how can I restore my Owncloud config and content if I need to redo the plugin install?

eroji

Contributor
Problem solved. I only had to rsync everything in /media over.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Just backup your /media directory and /usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/www/owncloud/config/config.php from the jail. Copy those to a new instance of the owncloud plugin and everything should work as it did previously.

So the cronjob is running, but... it is failing because I enabled APCu in owncloud, but this extension isn't on by default when php is called on the commandline.
This is mentioned here https://owncloud.org/blog/making-owncloud-faster-through-caching/

A workaround is to set "apc.enable_cli=1" in /usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/etc/php.ini and restarting owncloud. This will be fixed in owncloud 8.1.1

Last edited:

Nucshuco

Explorer
A workaround is to set "apc.enable_cli=1" in /usr/pbi/etc/php.ini and restarting owncloud. This will be fixed in owncloud 8.1.1
Hi Joshua
I just checked and I don't have /usr/pbi/etc/php.ini. My owncloud install doesn't have any php.ini files

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hi Joshua
I just checked and I don't have /usr/pbi/etc/php.ini. My owncloud install doesn't have any php.ini files
Sorry said the path wrong, it should be /usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/etc/php.ini

Either way though the php.ini doesn't exist by default. you can create one on your own or copy over the ones php comes with.
Code:
cp /usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/etc/php.ini-production /usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/etc/php.ini

Status
Not open for further replies.