Restore 22.12 backup config on 23.10, is it possible ?

Janus0006

Dabbler
Hi,
I'm upgrading the hardware of my server, curently on 22.12.4.2. As I have a Motherboard+RAM+CPU (and also a PSU) of extra to prepare and test (the new ones). I'm wondering what is the best way to upgrade (hardware and software)
I should probably only swap old hardware by new ones (the disks will remain the sames). But, I tested on my temporary machine and the system does not seems to like the add of the Inter iGPU and detect it easily. As soon as I upgrade to 23.10, it detect it.
Instead of upgrading my 22.12 TNS and upgrade to 23.10 after, I'm flurting with the idea of a fresh 23.10 install and restoring my 22.12 config backup on it.
Will it work ?

I alresdy tested to update, and ... I'm still having the old GUI ? normal ? Something I forgot ?

I know, I can test everythings, but I would like to have your opinion, feed back and maybe do not make to much mistake/retry ... and it's can be a good debate

Janus0006

Dabbler

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
We've all seen too many such things to trust any expectations of cache handling. TrueNAS/FreeNAS is a notable offender, bizarrely, but others exist - Supermicro's IPMI comes to mind.