rescue a disappeared pool after core->scale upgrade, T10-PI Type 2 protected disk problem?

blin

Cadet
Hi all, I recently upgraded from Truenas Core to Scale, with two pools that had data on them. One pool survived the migration perfectly, the second appeared as being offline, and 10 drives being available to be added to the pool (these being the ones that used to be in the pool). Perhaps I was a bit stupid and just went and disconnected the offline pool, thinking I could re-import it, but when i did that, nothing shows up as being available via the GUI.
One of the errors I see is

Disk(s): sdp, sdo, sdh, sdf, sdb, sdj, sde, sdd, sdc, sda are formatted with Data Integrity Feature (DIF) which is unsupported.

zpool status -v only lists the single pool that survived, and the boot pool nothing else.

zpool import outputs no pools available to import

root@truenas[~]# sg_format -v /dev/sdp SEAGATE ST1200MM0088 TT31 peripheral_type: disk [0x0] PROTECT=1 << supports protection information>> Unit serial number: Z4001DMN LU name: 5000c50084aa6e2b mode sense(10) cdb: [5a 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 fc 00] Mode Sense (block descriptor) data, prior to changes: Number of blocks=2344225968 [0x8bba0cb0] Block size=512 [0x200] read capacity(10) cdb: [25 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00] Read Capacity (10) results: Number of logical blocks=2344225968 Logical block size=512 bytes No changes made. To format use '--format'. To resize use '--resize'

root@truenas[~]# sg_readcap -l /dev/sdp Read Capacity results: Protection: prot_en=1, p_type=1, p_i_exponent=0 [type 2 protection] Logical block provisioning: lbpme=0, lbprz=0 Last LBA=2344225967 (0x8bba0caf), Number of logical blocks=2344225968 Logical block length=512 bytes Logical blocks per physical block exponent=0 Lowest aligned LBA=0 Hence: Device size: 1200243695616 bytes, 1144641.6 MiB, 1200.24 GB

OS Version:TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.3.1
Product:PowerEdge R730xd
Model:Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v3 @ 2.50GHz
Memory:252 GiB

So from what I can gather, the harddrives in this pool have type 2 protection, and the recommendation on the forum I could find suggests formatting it using the GUI, but they don't appear in the pool to be able to do so? and I assume if I do this via commandline without adding it to a pool first, I lose all my data, is that correct? Is there a way for me to add all of these into a pool, and then individually take down disks? This is my first NAS, so please pardon any idiotic mistakes I may have done :D I'd appreciate any help with this!

sretalla