Reporting Log issues/errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

asb2106

Dabbler
Im not sure what to expect from the daily emails from FreeNAS, since deployed, I receive this as an email

Code:
No /var/log/mount.today

No /var/log/dmesg.today

Also, something I noticed, after every reboot i loose all logs from before the reboot.

Could someone please help me look in the right direction here. Im at a bit of a loss and searching hasnt resulted in anything all that related.

THANKS

**I could be totally wrong here, but i wonder if this is something to do with a folder not mounting, maybe some access rights not correct, maybe i just really have no idea what im doing.. Potentially completely irrelevant; When i got my plex plugin up and running, I shared the storage with the jail, and inside plex, to access those stores of data, i have to manually type the /usr/local/www/etc, it will not show at any folder level, however typing it accesses the data fine.

Last edited:

tij

Cadet
by default logs are kept in RAM ... aka you loose logs once computer restarts

you can make logs persistant ... just search for “freenas persistant log” (i would have told you how to do this, but am myself newbie and did not consider implementing it and hence did not research deeper)

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
by default logs are kept in RAM
The system dataset disagrees with you.

/var/log/ is backed by the system dataset.

asb2106

Dabbler
The system dataset disagrees with you.

/var/log/ is backed by the system dataset.
So after a reboot should the reporting tabs retain the data from before the reboot because it doesn't for me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

MrToddsFriends

Documentation Browser
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.