FreeNAS-9.2.0-RELEASE-x64 - Email Sends Every Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtt1560

Cadet
I get the following emails every night using FreeNAS-9.2.0-RELEASE-x64. Does anyone know how to correct the problem I am having with the system? Here is the content of the emails: The system has not self corrected and has been running since 12/23/13.

local daily run output
--------------------------
Backup passwd and group files:
no /var/backups/master.passwd.bak
no /var/backups/group.bak

Verifying group file syntax:
/etc/group is fine

Checking status of 3ware RAID controllers:
Alarms (most recent first):
+++ /var/log/3ware_raid_alarms.today2013-12-27 03:01:01.000000000 -0500
@@ -0,0 +1 @@
+

-- End of daily output --

local security run output
----------------------------
No /var/log/mount.today

No /var/log/pf.today

No /var/log/dmesg.today

-- End of security output --

Dusan

Guru
Are you sure your box doesn't reboot every day? You normally get the "No /var/log/???.today" email only on the first periodic run. A reboot clears /var so you would get a new email after a reboot. Or, do you have some cron job deleting stuff in /var?

jtt1560

Cadet
Are you sure your box doesn't reboot every day? You normally get the "No /var/log/???.today" email only on the first periodic run. A reboot clears /var so you would get a new email after a reboot. Or, do you have some cron job deleting stuff in /var?

That may be my problem. I have been manually rebooting the system quite a bit this week (I just built it). I will leave it alone today and see what happens. Thanks!

jtt1560

Cadet

Dusan,

You were correct. Thank you, the system is working fine. I didn't realize by rebooting the system, I was causing the issue.

Thanks again,

Status
Not open for further replies.