Reporting database size (1.4 GB) is larger than 1 GiB. Any way to trim down the database?

jjstecchino

Contributor
I am getting the alert on Truenas Scale Nightly: "Reporting database size (1.4 GB) is larger than 1 GiB".
Is there any way to trim the database in the GUI or shell?

Thanks

rmont

Dabbler
I'm getting the same error (on 22.02 RC2). Did you find a way to fix it?

Toffi-Fee

Cadet
Same. In this thread @morganL says that this warning doesn’t necessarily need to be a problem.
But what is the purpose of this message then and how do I know when it starts to be a problem?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
I never saw the reason explained, but some of the system dataset (children) have a 1G quota set on them...

you can find it by using zfs get quota and looking for the ones with 1G (could be a very long list).

If your pool hosting the dataset has ample space, you can just change that by using zfs set quota=2G pool/path/to/dataset or whatever

mattyv316

Dabbler
I never saw the reason explained, but some of the system dataset (children) have a 1G quota set on them...

you can find it by using zfs get quota and looking for the ones with 1G (could be a very long list).

If your pool hosting the dataset has ample space, you can just change that by using zfs set quota=2G pool/path/to/dataset or whatever
I am seeing this same issue on TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02-RC.2. I found a 1G quota that I updated to 4G, but this did not help. My email box is still getting these notifications constantly. I even changed the alert frequency to daily on the following alerts under storage:
Critical Quota Exceeded on Dataset
Quota Exceeded on Dataset

None of these changes seemed to have any affect. Has anyone had any luck resolving this?

atomcycom

Cadet
Hi, I have encounter this error after I setup a VM in my Truenas Scale. Seems like this error is not fixed in the version SCALE 22.02.0.
Since then, I've been getting this alert in hourly.
Anyone can guide me on fixing this?

binarybcc

Dabbler