Replication : Please move system dataset of remote side to another pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazeStar

Patron
So I'm getting this message : Please move system dataset of remote side to another pool

However, the "remote side" system has just one pool.

The system's whole reason for being is to be a PULL for replication.

What should I do?

D

dlavigne

So, it was #12143 which introduced that code. If you decide to make a new bug at bugs.freenas.org, mention that bug number and indicate that that fix does not work for your scenario. Also, post your new bug number here so other users can watch its progress.

BlazeStar

Patron
So, it was #12143 which introduced that code. If you decide to make a new bug at bugs.freenas.org, mention that bug number and indicate that that fix does not work for your scenario. Also, post your new bug number here so other users can watch its progress.

Thanks for replying.

Just to clarify : are you saying that I can't replicate anymore because of this, and that I won't be able to replicate until de bug is fixed?

Because the remote system is just a few drives in RAIDZ-2 which have the absolute minimum required space in order to receive the replication;

So I have one pool, and no option to create a second one to host the system dataset.

But i've noticed that I can set the system dataset to be on the boot drive (in my case, two mirrored USB sticks).

Is that a suitable workaround for now?

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
You can also do what I did on the PULL, which is to create a dataset called something like backup, and then replicate into that dataset instead of the root pool. It messes up the expandible directories, but that is just a display issue and since it's a backup I don't really care.

BlazeStar

Patron
You can also do what I did on the PULL, which is to create a dataset called something like backup, and then replicate into that dataset instead of the root pool. It messes up the expandible directories, but that is just a display issue and since it's a backup I don't really care.

That'd be perfectly fine with me, but I didn't think it would work, since the message I'm getting is Please move system dataset of remote side to another pool

A dataset not being another pool, I didn't think it would work!

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
That's a good catch, but I can tell you that it works. :smile:

D

dlavigne

Please create a feature request at bugs.freenas.org to reword that alert and post the issue number here.

Status
Not open for further replies.