SOLVED Replication Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derek Humes

Dabbler
One other correction on the SSH - I tested connecting from 9.10 to 9.3 using this command, and it let me in without password:

ssh -vv -i /data/ssh/replication hostname_or_ip

Regarding the comment on replication manually; I tried this. I tested this earlier today and yesterday. I issued the command and it took me to a blank cursor as if it were processing. It created the same dataset on my remote volume as it does with the scheduled replication task, then it just sits there and nothing else happens. I let it sit for several hours, no other changes. Bear in mind these are empty datasets, so the amount of data to be replicated is very minimal. I did not see any comments in /var/logs/messages that appear to indicate any error.

Currently right now my replication status on 9.10 is reading as Sending - which it has been all day today, but there are only 3 out of the expected 51 datasets created on 9.3, and the snapshots tab on 9.3 lists nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:

wblock

Documentation Engineer
Why are you sending from 9.10 to 9.3? Isn't the replication supposed to be from 9.3 to 9.10? They are not symmetric.

But it does not sound like an SSH issue, rather something to do with ZFS, like a quota or something else preventing writing the incoming snapshot.

nojohnny101

Wizard
It does sound, from what you are describing, that it is getting "stuck". You mentioned there are no files in any of the datasets?

What I would do is put in a couple files in each dataset that are each semi-substantial in size (hundreds of megabytes) and then see if those get sent over before it gets stuck. I would then try and identify what dataset is not getting sent and delete it. Maybe there is something with that particular dataset that is tripping FreeNAS up and is preventing everything else from completing successfully.

Just some suggestions about how I would approach it.

Derek Humes

Dabbler
Thank you everyone for your tips and comments. I will try this tomorrow. I am also running both instances virtualized on VMWare, which from what I am reading online, is a debatable topic.

wblock - I am replacing an existing file share in my main office with FreeNAS 9.10. My remote location is already on FreeNAS and is version 9.3. I am replicating from my main office to my remote office. Well, trying to at least.

wblock

Documentation Engineer
Replicating to a version that much older could also encounter differences in the ZFS version, even more likely if the pools were created farther back.

Derek Humes

Dabbler
Updating to the latest matching release has resolved my issues. I updated to latest Stable release of 9.10 last night, and replication worked perfectly after that. Thank you for everyone for your help on this thread.

nojohnny101

Wizard
Status
Not open for further replies.