Replicating to second FreeNAS-server on WAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • FreeNAS 9.2.1.6
  • Intel Pentium G3420 3.2 Ghz, 16 GB memory, 6 WB Red 3TB disks, Raid ZF
  • Contents of /usr/local/etc/smb4.conf file is attached
  • RaidZ1
Hello everybody, just want to thank everyone that is involved with creating and developing this great tool, FreeNAS! :smile:

I have set up my internal storage-solution now, as described above. Now I am looking for solutions on how to make a backup of this server and then to replicate and keep a second server online and having the same files etc.
Can anyone please help me out with this?

Regards
Kurt
Norway

Attachments

• smb4.pdf
    27.2 KB · Views: 323
Alrght, thank you :smile:
It seems like my FreeNAS isnt setup correctly though...I am strugling with installing plugins and whatnot. Seems like there might be network-issues. Any suggestions on best practices for a freshly installed FreeNAS where I am using one NIC and wants to enable access to this box from outside my router so that it can partly act as a owncloud-service for me and my colleagues?

Thanks,
Kurt

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Best practice is to configure remote access through a VPN. I recommend setting up a pfsense firewall running openvpn. This will change your network topography.

Have you set the default gateway and a nameserver for your FreeNAS server? (Navigate to Network --> Global Configuration)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.