Renaming a dataset

MountainMan

Dabbler
Sorry if I'm overlooking something, but I couldn't find any semi-recent answer...

As the TruNAS (Scale) UI doesn't seem to have an option to rename a dataset (and the corresponding mount point), I curious what potential issues there are in doing a
Code:
zfs rename
via the shell?

I'm working with a new pool + dataset tree with some ACLs and shares setup. I'd re-create the dataset, but of course there is a bunch of data in this particular one already :) However, I don't have any snapshots, replication, etc setup yet. Basically datasets, ACLS and shares.

Setting up some shares + ACLs again (if needed) is no problem, but I'm curious what else I might be getting into with TrueNAS potentially referencing the old dataset by name? Or is it referenced in some other way internally?

Any input is appreciated... thanks!

-James

sretalla