Rename server and register to Active Directory

ssoubie

Cadet
Hi everybody,
I have a problem with ma TrueNas Installation.
I rename the server with a specific name and it's ok in web interface with the good name, no problem.
But, when I register the server on my ADDS, my server is always registered with name "TRUENAS" and I don't understand why.
I modified the /etc/rc.d/hostname and other file, but I don't understand where the TRUENAS name is setup.

If you have some ideas ;)
Thanks

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
Hi everybody,
I rename the server with a specific name and it's ok in web interface with the good name, no problem.
But, when I register the server on my ADDS, my server is always registered with name "TRUENAS" and I don't understand why.
I modified the /etc/rc.d/hostname and other file, but I don't understand where the TRUENAS name is setup.

Thanks
TrueNAS/FreeNAS is an appliance; any modifications you make to system files (/etc/rc.d/hostname for example) will be overwritten on the next system boot.

Set your hostname in the Global Configuration page under Network.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Hi everybody,

Thanks
Change the netbios name in the AD form.