Reinstalling but a few questions prior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celt

Dabbler
FreeNAS 11.1 installed just fine. Wanted to install it on two 64 GB thumb drives. Used one to install to the other, figuring that I could, from inside FreeNAS blow off the thumb drive I used to install and mirror them.

Haven't figured out how to do that, if it's possible. Is it possible to do so after the installation and have them mirror?

Not really concerned, as I haven't set anything up to any great extent, so if I can only do it during initial install, I'll hit it then.

I used the wizard the first time, after which I came across a great number of videos that walk through. I'm thinking I might want to dive into manually configuring it. I can see that I'm going to beat my head against the wall a bit when it comes to permissions and jails. I did install the Plex plugin and the Nextcloud plugin, but sort of just stood there after trying how to figure how to configure them. I found a few videos detailing those setups as well.

Last but not least, I initially had a network cable strung to the dedicated IPMI port. Brain farted in that after the install, I couldn't get an IP number on it, and didn't know enough to try to set up a static at that point.

So, to sort that out, I moved it over to the LAN1 port, but I can't get to IPMI from there. I know you can set it up in the BIOS, but actually addressing both the IPMI and FreeNAS over the same port via IP number I'm a little hazy on. I'll figure it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

gpsguy

Status
Not open for further replies.