rar2fs in jail on FreeNAS 9.10: Operation not permitted

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyakex

Dabbler
Hi all,
I would like to use rar2fs inside a jail on FreeNAS 9.10.

I've installed rar2fs by running
pkg install fusefs-rar2fs-1.15.1_1
inside the jail.

In the FreeNAS GUI I've added
fuse_load
YES
in Loader under System->Tunables.

The Sysctls of the jail is
allow.raw_sockets=true,allow.mount=true,allow.mount.devfs=true,enforce_statfs=1,devfs_ruleset=100

When I try to mount i get the following error:
# rar2fs media media_rar
mount_fusefs: /dev/fuse on /media_rar: Operation not permitted
fuse: failed to mount file system: No such file or directory

I'm not sure about how to edit the rules, or if it's needed, as /dev/fuse seems to have sufficient permissions:

# ls -la /dev/fuse
crw-rw---- 1 root operator 0x52 Aug 14 17:42 /dev/fuse

# ls -lda media*
drwxrwxr-x+ 6 root 1002 8 Aug 14 13:10 media
drwxr-xr-x 2 root wheel 2 Aug 14 14:01 media_rar

Any ideas that could help me get this working?

m0nkey_

MVP
Jails have limited access. To do this, you may want to set-up a VM using iohyve.

pyakex

Dabbler
Jails have limited access. To do this, you may want to set-up a VM using iohyve.

I would prefer to avoid that. Do you say that i can't be done in a jail or is using iohyve just an alternative solution?

Paul Barns

Cadet
Did you manage to get anywhere with this in the end? I just started playing around with FreeNAS this week and finally managed to get most of it working - bit of a unix n00b...
I had rar2fs working fine on an old Ubuntu set up but on FreeNAS I can't seem to get it to mount...

I installed the rar2fs package on the same jail as Plex is installed and wherever I seem to attempt to set the mount point, it just returns an invalid source and/or mount point error.

I have a jail storage set up with a source /mnt/data/ for Plex which works fine with a number of subfolders inside, destination /media/
I'm attempting:
rar2fs /media/movie /media/movie-unrar

Any help would be much appreciated! Cheers

Paul Barns

Cadet
To confirm, if you use Goran's "quick way" in the ssh shell - not within the jail, and make sure that the rar2fs mounted folder is able to read the files ok, then mount the rar2fs folder in the Plex jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.