random restart during step 1 of install

Palmtree

Cadet
So i want to install freenas on an old pc but i cant seem to install it. I've tried installing it on hdd and on an ssd (tested and working fine). The freenas image is on a cd becouse the board wont boot from usb. The strange thing that happens is the install steps start 1of 4 and the system turns off randomly, sometimes on 40% sometimes on 80% all on step 1 of install. After that i need to reformat the drive because then when i try to install, it instantly says install failed. The specs of the pc are as follows, and this is not the final build. Mobo: supermicro pdsma+ , 2gb ddr2 RAM (i will buy more ram just wanted to see if everything will install correctly), wd blue 240gb and kingston a400 120gb ssd, pcix supermicro controller (sat2-mv8 for extra sata ports) intel celeron (64bit can't remember but i also have a core 2 duo 4300).

gpsguy

FreeNAS won't run on 2GB of RAM.

Get more RAM, try a supported system, or use a different OS.

gpsguy

Ask those people what version they are running.

I've seen people install on 2gb of ram,

I can't run Windows 10 on a 25 year old machine designed for Windows 3.1.

If you are watching an old Youtube video, it could that the term FreeNAS isn't the FreeNAS that is supported here. 8 years of so ago, iXsystems bought the FreeNAS name and developed a new product - with new requirements. FreeNAS 0.7 was a different beast.

Palmtree

Cadet
Ask those people what version they are running.

I can't run Windows 10 on a 25 year old machine designed for Windows 3.1.

If you are watching an old Youtube video, it could that the term FreeNAS isn't the FreeNAS that is supported here. 8 years of so ago, iXsystems bought the FreeNAS name and developed a new product - with new requirements. FreeNAS 0.7 was a different beast.
yes yes i get that, i also know the minimum requiremens and the only thing i don't have is ram and the guy installed it on freenas 11
here.