RAIDZ2 will not recognize new/replacement drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tekkie

Patron
As I posted in the forum elsewhere 2 drives in my RAIDZ2 setup died the other week, I received a replacement drive for one of the drives and replaced it over the weekend, unfortunately FreeNAS refuses to identify the drive properly.

I can see the drive being listed as ada3 with all the parameters set correctly during the boot up phase, but when I get around to actually replacing the drive in the ZFS pool, things go south.

It all starts with the UI reporting the drive as UNKNOWN, and when I do a 'replace' of the existing drive, the messages clearly show the drive being targeted as /dev/NONE which breaks everything.

I've searched the wiki for how to replace a defective drive but haven't found anything useful on this.

sjieke

Contributor
I also have asked the question on what the steps are to replace a failed drive. But I still didn't get an answer. I did manage to get a drive replaced using the cli, so if you look at my question (and explenation of what I did) maybe you succeed in replacing your drive.

The thread is: http://forums.freenas.org/showthread.php?398-Steps-to-replace-a-failed-drive

NOTE: I was experimenting in a virtual machine (Virtualbox) but the steps should be the same

Tekkie

Patron

audix

Dabbler
Thanks for adding the ticket Tekkie. I guess I will wait for beta-3 until I replace my broken drive... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.