RaidZ1 reverts to status "unknown" daily, no errors found?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guldan

Dabbler
Hey Guys,

Since upgrading from 8.03 to 8.3 I've had this reoccuring problem. The amber light starts blinking in Freenas, I click it and it shows:

The volume Storage (ZFS) status is UNKNOWN: One or more devices has experienced an unrecoverable error. An attempt was made to correct the error. Applications are unaffected.Determine if the device needs to be replaced, and clear the errors using 'zpool clear' or replace the device with 'zpool replace'.

I then check "Volume" and see that my RaidZ1 is "healthy".. Hmm alright, drop down to the shell and type zpool status

With this I see "no known data errors" but I do see Checksums of 0/2/1/1

What does this mean? also I had this array running for 1.5 years with no errors, upgrade to 8.3 now everyday this happens.. It can't be the hardware. My array is 4x2TB WD Greens

Thx

Edit - Are UM errors Checksum Errors? if so, I assume this is just corrupted data not physically damaged drives? would make sense because once it shut down for no reason and mightve corrupted a few files

TheSmoker

Patron
Login into shell on the FreeNAS machine and vor each zpool that you have execute the command: zpool upgrade <zpool>
After the next reboot that issue should be gone.

guldan

Dabbler
Login into shell on the FreeNAS machine and vor each zpool that you have execute the command: zpool upgrade <zpool>

I'm on the latest zpool

Currently i'm running a full scrub, it's over half done and I've only found one checksum error on one disk.. so I think i'm OK

cyberjock

Inactive Account

On my system you get a different error than the OP got when the ZFS version is outdated. Keep in mind that if you do this upgrade you cannot go back to any FreeNAS version prior to 8.3.

guldan

Dabbler
On my system you get a different error than the OP got when the ZFS version is outdated. Keep in mind that if you do this upgrade you cannot go back to any FreeNAS version prior to 8.3.

That's fine, I ran a scrub.. found a bunch of errors but fixed them and should be good now.. theoretically. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.