Qlogic cLOM8214 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Primax98

Cadet
Hi all, I have been working hard to try to get the above nic working in my home cluster.
The card Is a Qlogic 8214. It show in the gui fine and I have configured the ipaddresses on each
174.16.0.10 /24 and 174.16.10.10 /24 and the windows servers are
174.16.0.1 /24 and 174.16.10.1 /24

Although the links are shown as up on each end no data passes. IE I cannot ping each end point.

LSPCI >
04:00.0 Ethernet controller: QLogic Corp. cLOM8214 1/10GbE Controller (rev 54)
04:00.1 Ethernet controller: QLogic Corp. cLOM8214 1/10GbE Controller (rev 54)

Dmesg >
ql0: link state changed to UP
ql1: link state changed to UP

Ifconfig >
ql0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
options=8013b<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU,VLAN_HWTAGGING,JUMBO_MTU,TSO4,LINKSTATE>
ether 2c:59:e5:73:fd:40
nd6 options=9<PERFORMNUD,IFDISABLED>
media: Ethernet autoselect (10Gbase-SR <full-duplex>)
ql1: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
options=8013b<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU,VLAN_HWTAGGING,JUMBO_MTU,TSO4,LINKSTATE>
ether 2c:59:e5:73:fd:44
nd6 options=9<PERFORMNUD,IFDISABLED>
media: Ethernet autoselect (10Gbase-SR <full-duplex>)

I can ping cards ip on Freenas but nothing gets to the windows box or from the windows server to freenas.

Any help appreciated.

Paul

D

dlavigne

How did you set the IP addresses? They are not showing in the ifconfig output.

Primax98

Cadet
They were showing on the text menu on the freenas box and in the GUI. However statically assigned by me.

I know this card is the same as the HP NC523 SFP but from reading I thought this was resolved ??? may I am wrong ??

Am I wasting my time with trying to get my 10gb ethernets to work ?? I don't really want to throw much more cash at this at its purely for me to do test builds etc, should I go with a different solution ??

Thanks all

Paul

D

dlavigne

Which build version of FreeNAS (System -> Information)? Are you using the new or the old UI to set the IP addresses? Anything in /var/log/messages after setting the IPs in the UI?

Primax98

Cadet
Hi there, thanks for the reply. I was using the latest version and applied the lastest update too just in case I was missing something.
I cannot honestly say if there was anything in var/log/messages is I didn’t check. However the screen was certainly outputting plenty with regards to buffer.
I can reinstall this tomorrow if you think it is resolvable and I have resorted to installing windows now which I really didn’t want to do.
Let me know

Paul

Primax98

Cadet
Hi ya. I have reinstalled FreeNas and now both the 10gb interfaces are working !! Not complaining at all other than its taken me nearly 3days to get to this point and I am glad to still be using freenas for this. Sorry if I have wasted your time but I tried all sorts to get it working.

I am still posting a copy of my "Messages" file for your reference incase there is anything else you can spot or need this for.

Thank you again for replying.

Paul

Attachments

• messages.txt
    63.5 KB · Views: 399

Primax98

Cadet
Hi again. It all worked for a matter of minutes and had now stopped. Got some fab speeds then freenas seemed to die. Ssh’d to the box. Rebooted now iscsi is not connecting. And sending over message output report from my box tomorrow.

Paul

Primax98

Cadet
Messages file attached to this post. Clear to see the errors from this. Any help appreciated.

Paul

Attachments

• messages.txt
    172.3 KB · Views: 434
Status
Not open for further replies.