SOLVED qBittorrent permission problem after Cobia upgrade

Torrone

Dabbler
EDIT: Problem solved by added "Inherit" flags in datasets' ACL. I don't know why it wasn't the case anymore, but I have spent one month looking for a solution before posting here...

Original post

Hello,

I use qBittorrent apps from Truecharts for one year now on my TrueNAS Scale system. I mount some dataset with the "Type of Storage: Host Path" option.
I have configure the ACL to give read and write permission to apps (568) user an group.
It was working well until recently, I think after the upgrade to Cobia (but not sure). Now, the qBittorent app can read and modify already existing files but, when I add a new torrent, the app create it without read and write right for user, group and others. Only execute permission is set (for all). The owner on the new files or directory is "apps apps" as expected but without read and write permissions.
If I run manually chmod -R ug+rw, it works but for a torrent with multiple files, I need to run it after the creation of each files by qBittorent, one by one...

I have try re-set all settings related to ACL in app configuration and in the dataset's ACL menu, but the problem is still here.

Have some another idea to solve this problem?

Thx

Last edited: