qBittorrent 4.6.3 can't log into WebUI

kowy3

Cadet
Hello all,

I am using TrueNAS Core Release 13.2 with qBittorrent 4.6.3 plugin installed, but the default admin/adminadmin credential combination doesn't work.
I found suggestions online for finding the config and inserting a code, but I can't even find the config file location.

Anyone that could help?

Did you notice the post-install messages about the randomly generated first-time password?

If not, re-install the "qbittorrent-nox" package again, and pay attention to the messages on your screen.

(Please don't use a "Plugin". Use a manually created jail.)

kowy3

Cadet
Did you notice the post-install messages about the randomly generated first-time password?

If not, re-install the "qbittorrent-nox" package again, and pay attention to the messages on your screen.

Thank you for the suggestion.

I re-installed the plugin a couple of times and it doesn't appear to output a first-time password anywhere.
I am not sure what you mean by not using the plugin, that's probably because I am not the most experienced with plugins/jails.

However, as I was desperate to get the system up and running last night I updated my CORE version to SCALE, which gives you the ability to open logs for each app.
I managed to find the first time password in the logs and now everything is up and running.

I am not quite sure why the log functionality is missing from TrueNAS CORE (or at least not easily accessible for beginners), it seem to me that this should be an essential feature.

If anyone else is struggling with the same issue, and planning to do the upgrade to SCALE please note that you will need to reconfigure the POOL and your plugins/jails. At least that's what the warning highlighted when I updated mine. As my pool was pretty much empty it did not matter to me, but if you have a lot of data I am not sure how it would affect that.

IRANMAN23

Cadet

I watched the messages and no mention of a password. I would like to avoid upgrading to SCALE, does anyone know a work around

I watched the messages and no mention of a password. I would like to avoid upgrading to SCALE, does anyone know a work around
Found a work around after spending ages looking for the generated password in the logs.

The solution is to override the generated password in the webUI to adminadmin.

You need to add an entry into the qBittorrent config file - I found this located in a fresh qBittorrent install within jail at /var/db/qbittorrent/conf/qBittorrent/config/qBittorrent.conf

Add a [Preferences] header if it isn't there already, and add or override the WebUI\Password_PBKDF2 line with

WebUI\Password_PBKDF2="@ByteArray(ARQ77eY1NUZaQsuDHbIMCA==:0WMRkYTUWVT9wVvdDtHAjU9b3b7uB8NR1Gur2hmQCvCDpm39Q+PsJRJPaCU51dEiz+dTzh8qbPsL8WkFljQYFQ==)"

Restart the qbittorrent service, and you'll be able to login with admin:adminadmin. From there on, you can change the password to something slightly more sane

alexdu67rd

Cadet
So yes, this solution could have been interesting, but the problem is that when we're in the command prompt of the qBittorrent plugin, we don't have write permissions, or at least not everywhere and not in the path indicated. As soon as I restart the plugin, everything reverts to the previous state. Do you have another solution, please? Or a way to get write permissions? Thank you for your help. PS: I am French, sorry if the translation is not very correct.
Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG
Capture3.PNG