Qbittorent download file help

napalm1984

Cadet
Hey guys

I'm having trouble with the download directory of qbittorent. I would like to say I'm an absolute newbie to freenas with very little experience in this.

First off I have it installed and it downloads no problem to what ever the default download directory is this is where it starts to go wrong. I would like to change the target directory to a dataset in the pool so Plex can access it as this is one of the main roles of the box. I've tried mounting and that doesn't seem to work it doesn't spew a error or reject the download it still downloads and seeds to the default. It seems I'm not the only one that has this problem but the answers seem to be quite technical and really I think I need a bit of hand holding video or step by step guide specific to qbittorent.

If you need to know anything else please ask I've been working on this for three days and can't work it out.

Massive thanks in advance for any help you can give

napalm1984

Cadet
I am struggling through the exact same thing. Have you made any progress on this?
Afraid not I think you need a deeper understanding of the os. I think it's something to do with user permissions but don't quote me. I spent a whole day on trying different bits and pieces and have now given up on trying to solve it.

Stormyeyez

Cadet
Try mounting from inside the jail to outside the jail. Then setting your DL to be inside that jailed folder. This will let you achieve what you want I think. This is what I did last night and it was exactly what I was trying to do.

Hopefully I understood your post and we had same issue. Sorry if not!

MblaZe7

Cadet
Has their been any updates on this? I am having this issue currently (though it is 3 years later) and ive tried to mount from inside jail but it just doesnt want to work. Maybe im just identifying the wrong path? If i have it go to its standard download it will go wherever it decides too (/var/db/qbittorrent/conf/qBittorrent/downloads)

I am also new to TrueNas and have been trying to learn everything that is involved, is there perhaps a Qbittorrent user/group i need to create in order to define where the saved items go?

Screenshot 2023-06-16 125002.png
Screenshot 2023-06-16 125024.png