Problems with replacing disk in pool

Apildk

Cadet
Hey everyone :)

First post here on the forum, but ill try my best to be informative, and hope to get my issue resolved.
I figure it is probably very simple and because of an user error, but here we go.

I had a disk (WD Red 4tb) in a raidz1 pool of 4 identical disks come up with an error on a long smart test, so i decided to replace it.
Went out and bought a new one of the same model.
I then put the defective drive in offline (ada1) and removed it from the hotswap bay, inserted the new one in and marked replace.
Then the resilvering process started, and I thought then everything was good.

Though hours later I saw the pool was still degraded, and had a closer look.
Even though it had completed, and I had no errors it was still marked as unavalible.
I have since tried a few different ways of marking drive and /dev/gptid/xxxxx online and offline, followed by some hours of resilvering, but no matter what I seem to try, it still stays degraded.

I must have done something wrong, but I am unsure now how to fix this, so that is why I turn to the forum, in hope of some help :)

I have added a screenshot here of the current status of the pool, in hope this can clear up some things.

Udklip.JPG

Again I persume it is me who has done something wrong, it just seemed so straight furth.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Apil

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Did you try rebooting the system?

Apildk

Cadet
Did you try rebooting the system?
I am not actually sure if i rebooted it after the resilvering completed the first time, so i just rebooted it now. though it is the same status on the pool.
Udklip2.JPG

Update.

Apprently it started to resilver again after the reboot. Not sure why.

Apildk

Cadet
I am not sure if it is related but in the console i am getting these errors aswell.
Udklip3.JPG

Apildk

Cadet
So after the reboot the resilvering started automaticly, and that has finished now, though the pool is still degraded :-(
Anyone able to help me ?

Udklip4.JPG

Heracles

Wizard
Hey Apildk,

Did you test that brand new drive before putting it in ? Some drives are DoA (Defective On Arrival) and they should all be tested before being used...

Do you still have the original drive, the one who failed the long test ? As of now, you are down to Zero redundancy, so a doubtful drive is better than none. Can you re-silver with that old one ? It would confirm the new drive is the culprit.

To double check all of your connections is another thing to do; to test from a different port if you have any available would also be a plus.

Good luck troubleshooting your server,