Problems with disks

ikon_pl

Cadet
Hello,
Recently i have problems with my disks. 2x 4TB Ironwolfs (red nas). What can i do to delete errors in Truenas. There were 2 errors before, now i see 8 errors on disk.
1710693535912.png

1710693552569.png

1710693574829.png

1710693599111.png

artlessknave

Wizard
errors mean your disks are returning bad data.
you can clear it with zpool clear tank , but you need to keep an eye on it.

ikon_pl

Cadet
errors mean your disks are returning bad data.
you can clear it with zpool clear tank , but you need to keep an eye on it.
But still i have unhealthy topology and zfs healthy pool is not healthy

And i have critical alert.
1710702002987.png

Last edited:

artlessknave

Wizard
again, your disks are returning bad data. you can either put up with the bad data being returned or replace the disks.
zpool clear will only clear the zfs count of the errors.
zpool status -v will show any damaged files. you have to work out what to do with any damaged files.
as you have a mirror zfs will attempt to repair damage but it can only do so much. if the disk returns enough bad data zfs will fail it out of the pool.
your topology isnt unhealthy; mirrors are perfectly fine, but something in your pool isn't healthy.

ikon_pl

Cadet
again, your disks are returning bad data. you can either put up with the bad data being returned or replace the disks.
zpool clear will only clear the zfs count of the errors.
zpool status -v will show any damaged files. you have to work out what to do with any damaged files.
as you have a mirror zfs will attempt to repair damage but it can only do so much. if the disk returns enough bad data zfs will fail it out of the pool.
your topology isnt unhealthy; mirrors are perfectly fine, but something in your pool isn't healthy.
1710709027356.png

How can i repair this?

artlessknave

Wizard
i missed it before but I see that you had 8 errors on each vdev in the mirror. that means dataloss, as zfs does not have an uncorrupted copy to work with. you will have to delete or replace the files. they have been permanently damaged.
as the corrupted files are in your .system and applications dataset, though. hmm. im not sure how best to replace those. should be able to just delete the syslog ones but the catalogs and docker would affect applications - are you using applications?

ikon_pl

Cadet
przegapiłem to wcześniej ale widzę, że miałeś 8 błędów na każdym vdev w lustrze. Oznacza to utratę danych, ponieważ ZFS nie ma nieuszkodzonej kopii, z którą mógłby pracować. Będziesz musiał usunąć lub zastąpić pliki. zostały trwale uszkodzone.
ponieważ uszkodzone pliki znajdują się w zestawie danych .system i aplikacji. hmm. Nie jestem pewien, jak najlepiej je wymienić. Powinien być w stanie po prostu usunąć te z dziennika systemowego, ale katalogi i docker wpłynęłyby na aplikacje - czy używasz aplikacji?
Yes, i'm using nextcloud.

ChrisRJ

Wizard
You should really check your system. If something like that has happened, there is a serious problem. The typical culprits are
  • power supply
  • disks
  • SATA cables
If you don't change anything, there is a big risk that you will face problems (perhaps bigger) again.

Also, please provide hardware information as detailed as asked for in the forum rules.

ikon_pl

Cadet
You should really check your system. If something like that has happened, there is a serious problem. The typical culprits are
  • power supply
  • disks
  • SATA cables
If you don't change anything, there is a big risk that you will face problems (perhaps bigger) again.

Also, please provide hardware information as detailed as asked for in the forum rules.
How I can check that power suply or disks or SATA cables can do errors.

ikon_pl

Cadet
I'm turn on my nas now, use nextcloud on phone and see 54 errors on truenas (with one disk this errors). So i restart truenas and now this one disk is degraded, what does it mean?What i must do?

1711032165419.png

1711032174126.png

And after one more restart

Attachments

• 1711032983260.png
    1711032983260.png
    172.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited: