Problems evaluatiing under VirtualBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyfl

Cadet
Hi,

I'm an experienced UNIX and FreeBSD user and I'm trying to evaluate FreeNAS under VirtualBox as I have a requirement for something with a GUI interface for a customer.
I have installed from FreeNAS-8.0.2-RELEASE-i386.iso to a VirtualBox machine, the system starts ok and I can connect to the Web GUI fine. However if I try and create a UFS or ZFS Volume (on a second HD) I have a problem, initially it seems fine and the new volume is visible in the GUI under /mnt. However if I then click the volume and go to change permissions it says "Sorry, an error occurred".
Now if I go to the command line, when attempting to create a ZFS volume, I can see that FreeNAS has not created a ZSF pool.

I'm a bit suprised that this didn't work as it has to be about the most basic function of FreeNAS. Is there problem running FreeNAS under VirtualBox or any other obvious reason why this would be happening?

thanks for any suggestions, Andy.

andyfl

Cadet
Thanks William, my disk was exactly 2.0GB, setting to 3GB fixed that issue.

Next fundamental problem I have is that all services are "off" and I cannot start any, not even SSH. When attemtping to start SSH or CIFS or any other I get the error at the top of the web page "the service could not be started".
Does that have an equally simple solution?

thanks Andy.

Status
Not open for further replies.