Problems detecting HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syra

Cadet
Hi everyone i'm totally brand new to all this but basically i got myself a dell R710 server off ebay as one does, and i wanted to use freenas on it, everything is installed on the usb stick latest stable version of 11, it runs perfectly, now i had a perc 6/i in it and have swapped that card out to a PERC-H200 047MCV - Crossflashed to LSI 9211 P20 IT firmware, I attached the Mini SAS 36 Pin SFF-8087 to BP A+B and put it into A+B on to the H200, and booted now on DMESG it shows the card detected and loaded, mps0: <Avago Technologies (LSI) SAS2008> port 0xfc00-0xfcff mem 0xdf2b0000-0xdf2bffff,0xdf2c0000-0xdf2fffff irq 40 at device 0.0 on pci7 mps0: Firmware: 20.00.04.00, Driver: 21.02.00.00-fbsd mps0: IOCCapabilities: 1285c<ScsiTaskFull,DiagTrace,SnapBuf,EEDP,TransRetry,EventReplay,HostDisc> but there are no disks i currently have 4 6TB ironwolf drives in there, and i've been looking round the internet trying to solve the issue but i'm hitting a brick wall, so i turn to the real guru's here, see if anyone else has had issues with this sort of setup, or i'm missing something as this is my first ever dell server.

Thank you in advance FreeNAS community i appreciate your time.

Syra.

kdragon75

Wizard
First, please use proper sentences. Your post is hard to read. Second, when pasting console output, use code tags to help format you rpost and make it easier to read. With that out of the way...

Please test your HBA/backplane with different drives. If you have a SFF-8087 breakout cable this would be a great way to test your HBA and rule out the backplane. Once you rule that out, try the perc6/i with the SAME cables and drives to rule out the cables.
Just work your way down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.