Problem to Join in Active Directory

I try to configure a new fresh instalation of TrueNAS Scale with Active Directory integration.

Version: TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.1
Hardware: eSXI VM with 12gb RAM and 20GB VHD

My domain is working fine, and the testes with Core version and anothers machines works well.

My DNS is working in all tests.

Once install TrueNAS, i chooseed Admin authenticantion method.

When i try to join to domain, the results is FAULTED.

Here the logs:

midclt call core.get_jobs '[["method","=","activedirectory.start"]]' | jq

1678300042847.png

1678300149191.png

1678300192372.png

1678300220026.png

1678300331669.png

NugentS

MVP
A few questions:
1. This is for testing isn't it - not for live / production use, even as a home user? Cos using VHD's is a good way to lose data unless thats just your boot disk and you haven't mentioned your data pools. In which case please post your entire setup as per forum rules. Although that may not be that relavent here.
2. The NAS IP address, DHCP or Static? What DNS Servers are set on the NAS - do they point at the AD DNS Servers.
3. can you ping "your domain" without a hostname and does that resolve to one of your AD servers

A few questions:
1. This is for testing isn't it - not for live / production use, even as a home user? Cos using VHD's is a good way to lose data unless thats just your boot disk and you haven't mentioned your data pools. In which case please post your entire setup as per forum rules. Although that may not be that relavent here.
2. The NAS IP address, DHCP or Static? What DNS Servers are set on the NAS - do they point at the AD DNS Servers.
3. can you ping "your domain" without a hostname and does that resolve to one of your AD servers

1 - Is a LAB. The VHD disk is only for the OS instalation. The file pools is over a PERC 330 Controler in HBA mode. Yes, no relevant here. Is the instalation moment. No pools configured yet.

2 - Static IP. The DNS Server is the Domain Controler. Look the prints. One of them is the nslookup DNS tests.

3 - Yes, i can ping the domain.

I think found the solution.

I made a new fresh install with root authentication option in the install wizard.

Same steps, and with root user, works.

How can i report this bug to dev team?

NugentS

MVP
I think the don't use root, use another username and now nothing works properly bug has been reported many many times.
Possibly not IX's finest hour that idea.

However to report a bug look at the top of the screen - "Report a Bug". You will need to sign up for a JIRA account