Post new Thread disappears

Status
Not open for further replies.

feenberg

Cadet
In my browser (Chrome) the link to post a new thread is not visible unless the browser has a very large window. There is no horizontal scroll bar and the that link is the ONLY thing that isn't shown in a smaller window. Much text to the right of that link is shown. Something is wrong.

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
I am having the same issue with Chrome Version 69.0.3497.81 (Official Build) (64-bit)
after clearing browser data.
Firefox has same issue as well.
@JoshDW19 HELP!

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
It kinda looks like it's being hidden by the search bar...

However, do you guys not have the one at the bottom:
upload_2018-9-10_14-38-2.png

Funnily enough, reducing the window width even further makes the top button reappear:

upload_2018-9-10_14-39-1.png

(Firefox 61.0.2 on Windows 10 x64)

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
It seems to have self corrected (for me) and is now appearing both in Chrome and Firefox :confused:

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
Let me know if this problem pops up again and I'll be glad to have a look. Thanks for pinging me @BigDave!

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
It kinda looks like it's being hidden by the search bar...
<snip>

Funnily enough, reducing the window width even further makes the top button reappear:

View attachment 25580

(Firefox 61.0.2 on Windows 10 x64)

The CSS has a number of "common sizes" defined and when those dimensions are satisfied the CSS adjustments come into effect. I personally am not a huge fan of segmenting in this way, and would prefer that various things change size, and only when that is ineffective, should things rearrange or be omitted. I also do not design CSS the way many suggest I should, that is to favor small form-factors and then build upward. I do the reverse, I favor adapting to the largest screen (such as a 1472x1017 browser window) and test to see how it appears at smaller dimensions. Where necessary, I make changes, and if at all possible I would keep them limited in number so that the bulk of the page would render unchanged.

I cannot say because it seems that most often complaints relate to the 'default' theme here, but I would hope that my themes do not have such hiccups.

Status
Not open for further replies.