Help/Hint popups hidden but show up after scrolling

bdubs85

Cadet
I've recently set up a Truenas SCALE installation on an old ThinkServer device I picked up from a friend. For a while, everything in the GUI worked perfectly, then suddenly I'm having problems viewing all help/hint popups on all Chrome browsers on both of my Windows machines plus my wife's Macbook.
On Windows/Chrome, clicking the popup/hint link causes a scrollbar (or a second scrollbar if there is already one) to be created on the right side of the screen. Scrolling on the page or moving the scrollbar at all causes the extra scrollbar to go away and the hint to pop into place where it should be. On Mac/Chrome, there isn't a scrollbar, but the hint is also hidden until I scroll at all.

I have tested this after clearing all cache, disabling all plugins and extensions, resetting Chrome settings, testing in Incognito, resizing the window to dynamically switch to mobile format, and even reinstalling Windows and Chrome entirely, and this issue still occurs. I've also updated SCALE to the most recent release version and rebooted the machine.

Digging into element explorer in Chrome shows the popper-content and div initially located below the visible area of the current window (as reflected by the scrollbar), but I'm not sure how to raise this as an issue.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 75
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 73
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 67
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 76

bklyngaucho

Dabbler
Just to add that I've seen this too and around the same timeframe. Firefox works fine and gives help with pop-ups rather than sidebar.

sfatula

Guru
Using Brave browser and since it's Chromium based, same problem. The change came with a Chromium update. Going back a few versions and it works fine, at least on Linux.

LarsR

Guru
Had this problem with chrome too before upgrading to cobia, with cobia it got fixed.

bklyngaucho

Dabbler
Happy to report that it's also fixed (as in it gives pop-up help now) in Bluefin 22.12.4 which just GA'd today.

Last edited: