Hint does not render if browser window is too wide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yorick

Wizard
I searched the bug database for "hint" and didn't see this reported. It's probably in there somewhere already, I just can't find it. Just in case it's not been reported, this post.

The hints in the WebUI try to render "to the right of the hint icon", and thereby get cut off, if the browser window is too wide. Reduce the width of the browser window, and the hints correctly render "to the left of the hint icon", and are shown correctly.

Eyeballing the browser window width using a screen ruler, I get 1,974 pixels wide as "hints still render correctly" and 1,978 pixels wide as "hints render incorrectly". The issue will be somewhere in that range, don't expect my pixel counts to be precise.

This means 1080p full-screen won't have issues, but 1440p fullscreen or bigger will.

D

dlavigne

Which FreeNAS build version? If you are on the 11.2 series, there have been quite a few fixes regarding this. If you still see this once RELEASE is out (due next week), create a report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

Yorick

Wizard
11.2RC1, build date 10/17/2018.

I'll check again once my FreeNAS updates to release.

Yorick

Wizard
This was resolved for me from RC2 on.

Bogartz

Dabbler
This was resolved for me from RC2 on.

Thanks for that info, I seem to have the issue currently using Chrome on 27" 1440p monitors. I've tested it in IE and I don't get the issue so it seems to be Chrome specific. Here's my post
When hovering over "?" in the GUI the hint displays behind the border to the right. Here's my original post https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/gui-help-hint.72182/#post-499896

Also, I did submit a bug report based on the mod's suggestion above. https://redmine.ixsystems.com/issues/65430

I'm using Google Chrome browser with fullscreen 2560x1440, I have tested in IE and do not have the issue I have in Chrome. I have provided a screenshot in the link above for visual and also attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.