possible to revert to core 13u4 from scale?

Vertigo 7

Explorer
if I've backed up my core config, is there any reason I can't revert to core by formatting the boot pool and reinstalling/restoring from backup? There are some thing I want to look at in scale but I don't want to attempt the migration if I'm screwed because expectations of scale don't meet capability. My data pools are all whatever the current ZFS revision is for core 13u4.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Why wouldn't you just boot back to the core boot environment?

Just make sure you avoid the temptation to upgrade pools while in SCALE.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Well, now you made me test it...

When I upgrade a test VM, I see the boot menu starts with 2 items: TrueNAS SCALE (default) and TrueNAS CORE.

The GRUB boot menu comes after that.

And when booted into SCALE, I can go to the boot menu and select the old CORE boot environment and activate it... then reboot...

And there I have it: CORE.

Vertigo 7

Explorer
right i see the same as well but i recall reading some other posts that core fails to boot after grub is updated with scale.

sretalla