Portainer networking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecken

Dabbler
Is there a way to have portainer to either not have a bridge to the 172.17.0.0 network or is there a way that I can make portainer to be on my main network which is 192.168.16.0 network or even my other vlan which is 192.168.8.0 network. I attempted to create a network in portainer but nothing is working. Am I doing something wrong??

D

dlavigne

How did you install portainer?

Which build version of FreeNAS (from System -> Information)?

Tecken

Dabbler
I ran the command once I created the docker vm. I am on FN 11.2 BETA. So I ran

$ docker volume create portainer_data

$ docker run -d -p 9000:9000 --name portainer --restart always -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock -v portainer_data:/data portainer/portainer

Is there a switch I can put in the second command to either make the bridge adapter have an ip of either my 16 or 8 network or can I not even have a bridge adapter and just have a host adapter with an IP of either network.

All my networks are inter vlan so I can get to anything on them. Little background of my network

16 network has:

Main PC
Terramaster NAS
Intel NUC running linux
Freenas running rsync to the NAS

8 network has:
2016 server
Pi-hole
Squid
A few other test linux servers

icsy7867

Contributor
I believe you need to run the container in "host" networking mode:
http://www.nuagenetworks.net/blog/docker-networking-overview/

However, I am not sure why you need to do this? You should be able to just go to the docker host IP address port 9000 and it should load. I run CoreOS on a hypervisor, and I do it this way just fine.

Is there any particular reason you need it on your 192.168?

Tecken

Dabbler
I attempted to use the host and go to the port the application was using and still nothing. I want to run a plex container and then be able to see that plex container from the outside world like you would if it was running on a pc

Status
Not open for further replies.