Port forward to app

MrJoki007

Dabbler
Hello,

im trying to install NodeRED App from the TrueCharts repo.
I need another port forwared to the app for a TCP connection, but i cant find the setting in the app settings.

How can i forward a port to a Truenas Scale app?
1651394061182.png

truecharts

Guru
It's important to understand that each catalog crafts their own Apps.
So the forwarding and networking section is not universal.

It's hard to figure out what you try to do precisely, besides what is already offered by the simple network setup we offer.
If you need any help with our Apps it's best to reach-out to our support staff directly by filing a support ticket and reading the documentation. As we do not offer support for TrueCharts on this forum

lellimecnar

Cadet
@MrJoki007 did you ever get an actually helpful answer to this? I've been looking for a way to open up additional ports for quite some time, but I have come across nothing but totally unhelpful non-answers like the one above from @truecharts...

Yes, it's a very specific question, but it should have a generally applicable solution that can help someone like me who searches Google for a similar issue.

shadofall

Contributor
@MrJoki007 did you ever get an actually helpful answer to this? I've been looking for a way to open up additional ports for quite some time, but I have come across nothing but totally unhelpful non-answers like the one above from @truecharts...

Yes, it's a very specific question, but it should have a generally applicable solution that can help someone like me who searches Google for a similar issue.
you just add additional custom services to the app. its quite simple. the truecharts minecraft-java community guide shows an example of this using the dynmap plugin. but its considered an advanced config. beyond that if you need assistance with a truecharts app, you should use the discord. the appropriate channel for something like adding an additional service port would be customized-setups

lellimecnar

Cadet
Thank you @shadofall. You're right, that was quite simple. If it was clearly documented somewhere I wouldn't have had to reach out for help, and get extremely frustrated by the lack of clear answers. "Configure Add Manual Custom Services" certainly isn't a very descriptive heading for a setting to expose additional ports... at least not for someone unfamiliar with Kubernetes...

truecharts

Guru

We're sorry for your experience, but we have about 8-20 support tickets each day and because of that we've decided to limit ourselves to pointing towards our support process when it comes to other websites and forums.

We're always looking towards improving the support experience and our staff generally welcomes constructive feedback on improving the on-boarding process for support very much.

Thank you @shadofall. You're right, that was quite simple. If it was clearly documented somewhere I wouldn't have had to reach out for help, and get extremely frustrated by the lack of clear answers. "Configure Add Manual Custom Services" certainly isn't a very descriptive heading for a setting to expose additional ports... at least not for someone unfamiliar with Kubernetes...

We're dependend on community contributions for the documentation. So if something isn't documented, it's because no-one did so.

However, please be aware that settings labeled as "expert" or "advanced", expect some level of knowhow of kubernetes. In this case kubernetes services are a lot more than "just" port forwards.

However you did not "reach out", as we've not got any support request from you at all. So that explains why you also didn't get an answer.