Plugins won't start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diesel7926

Cadet
Hi Everyone,

I just setup a new Freenas 9.3 box to replace my old 9.2 box. Now to begin with I am not overly knowledgeable with shell commands but can usually make my way around. Tonight after having all of my plugins set up and running I in a rush tried changing permissions on a folder where Transmission outputs my downloads to as I was unable to delete the leftover folders from a sorted couch potato movie. I mistakenly checked off set permissions recursively on a mounted drive that has my jails on it. I didn't realize until later that all of my plugins had turned off and now they will not restart even after multiple reboots? PLEASE HELP! Is there any way I can fix this without uninstalling and reinstalling all of my plugins and restarting from scratch?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hi Everyone,

I just setup a new Freenas 9.3 box to replace my old 9.2 box. Now to begin with I am not overly knowledgeable with shell commands but can usually make my way around. Tonight after having all of my plugins set up and running I in a rush tried changing permissions on a folder where Transmission outputs my downloads to as I was unable to delete the leftover folders from a sorted couch potato movie. I mistakenly checked off set permissions recursively on a mounted drive that has my jails on it. I didn't realize until later that all of my plugins had turned off and now they will not restart even after multiple reboots? PLEASE HELP! Is there any way I can fix this without uninstalling and reinstalling all of my plugins and restarting from scratch?
I'd personally just reinstall. You should never change permissions of any of the jail/plugin datasets. These are jail OS and application files that need specific permissions/ownership to run. Only ever change the permissions/ownership of datasets that only contain your files, that are mounted into the jail.

If you want to save time editing your configs for these programs you could try to copy over your datadirectores for the programs. These usually contain the configs/databases for them.
Most of the plugins I maintain (sab/Sickbeard/couchpotato) have their datadirectories in /var/db/PLUGIN, transmission's is in /usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/etc/transmission/home

Diesel7926

Cadet
I'd personally just reinstall. You should never change permissions of any of the jail/plugin datasets. These are jail OS and application files that need specific permissions/ownership to run. Only ever change the permissions/ownership of datasets that only contain your files, that are mounted into the jail.

If you want to save time editing your configs for these programs you could try to copy over your datadirectores for the programs. These usually contain the configs/databases for them.
Most of the plugins I maintain (sab/Sickbeard/couchpotato) have their datadirectories in /var/db/PLUGIN, transmission's is in /usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/etc/transmission/home

Ok, this is what I am going to do, going to try and find the config files today and save them first. do you happen to know where the plex config file is saved? Thanks so much for the help!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Ok, this is what I am going to do, going to try and find the config files today and save them first. do you happen to know where the plex config file is saved? Thanks so much for the help!
/usr/pbi/plexmediaserver-amd64/plexdata
when you restore them after newly installing these plugins, you also need to change the ownership of the folders to the user that runs each program.
use chown, DONT recursively change the whole jail =P

Diesel7926

Cadet
/usr/pbi/plexmediaserver-amd64/plexdata
when you restore them after newly installing these plugins, you also need to change the ownership of the folders to the user that runs each program.
use chown, DONT recursively change the whole jail =P

Thanks for the help Joshua, finally got it all set back up and works like a charm now, used chown on the folder this time and worked without a problem :) Now to setup secure FTP.

ric

Contributor

So, how do you copy the datadirectories over that program (transmission)?

Status
Not open for further replies.