Plugins are 'out of date' ... what can I do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimm Spector

Explorer
Some plugins are out of date, by as much as a year. I'm running 11.1U4, and I have Plex for instance which is over a year old, and I do not know how I can manually update it. If anyone knows how, that would be great.

I also have XDM which is out of date and cannot seem to download, it throws TLS errors when it tries to download from one of it's repos, so I assume it's because it is out of date. Also don't know how to manually update that one.

Mostly, everything seems well behind in the existing plugin repo, so it seems rather a problem. I'm not clear on how to get around this and get things running like a service in FreeNAS if they're not prepackaged plugins. Any help would be awesome. Thanks!

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
The old plugin system has been deprecated and being replaced with a new one. You'll have to wait until the new plugin system in the new UI is complete and supported.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality

Grimm Spector

Explorer
The old plugin system has been deprecated and being replaced with a new one. You'll have to wait until the new plugin system in the new UI is complete and supported.

That's unfortunate, hopefully it's not too far away. I imagine no one has any ETA on that ...

Have a look at the last couple of posts in this thread:
https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...n-from-a-warden-jail-to-an-iocage-jail.60128/

That PMS_Updater.sh script will do the job for you... maybe you can also update to use iocage while you're at it.

I'm not familiar with iocage, care to fill me in? I'm assuming it's a different method of using plugins?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
I imagine no one has any ETA on that ...
It's supposed to be coming in 11.2 that's due out in a couple months but that date has already been pushed back a few times so we'll have to wait and see.

Grimm Spector

Explorer
Cool, a brief look at the iocage stuff seems promising. Anyone know if I can still have the plugins services displayed in FreeNAS if I use iocage? Also is iocage already installed in FreeNAS, or am I going to have to hit the shell and install it?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Iocage is baked into FreeNAS from 11.0 forward. It is replacing Warden as the jails manager. When you use the plugins from the new UI it will automatically use iocage as the jail manager.

sretalla