Why are plugins so out of date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninjai

Explorer
Is my OS broken or something, or is this just something I need to come to accept?

Sickrage: Has been out of date since the day I first started using FreeNAS about 3 years ago. I've never seen an update for it. Half the search providers don't even work anymore.

Nextcloud: It's on version 10. The latest is version 13. 3 Major versions.

Any way to have these updated?

D

dlavigne

We're transitioning the backend from warden to iocage and the next version (due out in a few weeks) has a whole bunch of updated plugins, based on iocage.

Alecmascot

Guru
Sickrage: Has been out of date since the day I first started using FreeNAS about 3 years ago. I've never seen an update for it. Half the search providers don't even work any more.
Sickrage autoupdates for me.......

Alecmascot

Guru
Went to medusa two weeks ago :rolleyes:
Until then sickrage was autoupdating fine. It is an "autoupdating" plugin....

ninjai

Explorer
Autoupdating plugin? Meaning what, exactly? It updates from the FreeNAS GUI level by itself, or within the jail it updates itself?

How do you determine your version? Mine just shows this:
SR Version: BRANCH: (master) / COMMIT: ()

My Python version shows 2.7.9 (default, Sep 9 2015, 14:50:03) [GCC 4.2.1 20070831 patched [FreeBSD]]

Alecmascot

Guru
Autoupdating plugin? Meaning what, exactly? It updates from the FreeNAS GUI level by itself, or within the jail it updates itself?
It will only update from the FN GUi if a new plugin is released,
Mine was updating itself, from within the jail, with prompts from the sickrage gui.

Alecmascot

Guru
Status
Not open for further replies.