Plugins and Jail within 9.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjstccean

Cadet
I'm totally new to this new method of dealing with plugins and jails in FreeNas. I just like to ask, respectfully, if there is a document, or a link of sorts dealing with plugins and jails in more detail than the online documentation. For instance, do I need to add an extra disk to the server where the jail OS will reside, will plugins reside on the FreeNas OS disk, or my dedicated data disk. I'm not using the ZFS method but only a single drive for personal use. I'm using FreeNas-9.2.0-RC-x64 (93440a9) - all systems running fine. When clicking on Plugins I'm prompted Loading but nothing appears. Is this usual, or do I need to download some initial plugins from some link.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Nick.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I'm not sure what you are trying to say with "not using the ZFS method but only a single drive for personal use". ZFS is a file system and volume manager. It is not a "disk".

But if you aren't using ZFS you can't use the jail or plugins feature as they require ZFS.

jjstccean

Cadet
OK. Thanks, I must be on the ZFS file system then. By single disk/drive drive I mean exactly that, I'm not using RAID? Thanks for the link and your reply, it is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.