Jails and plugins very unstable under 11.2

francisaugusto

Contributor
Hi,

I have two plugins and one jail. The come and go as the wind... Sometimes they are there, but don't get IP (either get "DHCP(not running)" or just "0.0.0.0". When nothing shows on my jails list, I fire up the shell and check with jls, then only the jail-jail (ie., not a plugin) will show up.

I have no idea what to do here. Reinstall the whole thing and build from scratch? Recreate the jails and plugins? They were created under one of the RC-versions.

Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
You can start by listing some pertinent information so others are able to help you. Full hardware specs and FreeNAS version for starters. Also what specific errors are you seeing?

francisaugusto

Contributor
You can start by listing some pertinent information so others are able to help you. Full hardware specs and FreeNAS version for starters. Also what specific errors are you seeing?

I am not seeing any errors. They, ie. the jails, just come and go. Attached is a list of the jails. They are not getting ip's. My list of installed plugins also sometimes get emptied, with an error (the only explicit error I get) saying the index is out of range or something.

The hardware is an hp Elite 8200.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-21 at 20.18.31.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-21 at 20.18.31.png
    74.4 KB · Views: 306

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
That doesn't really tell us much. What specif hardware do you have. Also do you have a default gateway listed in the network settings?

francisaugusto

Contributor
That doesn't really tell us much. What specif hardware do you have. Also do you have a default gateway listed in the network settings?

No, I didn't have a default gateway listed, as I am using dhcp. However, I tried to manually enter a gateway address there, and it still didn't work:

Error: concurrent.futures.process._RemoteTraceback: """ Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/process.py", line 175, in _process_worker r = call_item.fn(*call_item.args, **call_item.kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 128, in main_worker res = loop.run_until_complete(coro) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/base_events.py", line 468, in run_until_complete return future.result() File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 88, in _run return await self._call(f'{service_name}.{method}', serviceobj, methodobj, params=args, job=job) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 81, in _call return methodobj(*params) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 81, in _call return methodobj(*params) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 668, in nf return f(*args, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/jail.py", line 768, in upgrade self.start(jail) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 668, in nf return f(*args, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/jail.py", line 542, in start iocage.start() File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/iocage.py", line 1654, in start callback=self.callback File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_start.py", line 66, in __init__ self.__start_jail__() File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_start.py", line 449, in __start_jail__ _callback=self.callback) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_common.py", line 81, in logit _callback(content, exception) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_common.py", line 64, in callback raise callback_exception(message) RuntimeError: + Acquiring DHCP address: FAILED, address received: 0.0.0.0/8 Stopped simtrans due to DHCP failure """ The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 332, in run await self.future File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 356, in __run_body rv = await self.middleware._call_worker(self.serviceobj, self.method_name, *self.args, job={'id': self.id}) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1073, in _call_worker job, File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1004, in run_in_proc return await self.run_in_executor(self.__procpool, method, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 989, in run_in_executor return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs)) RuntimeError: + Acquiring DHCP address: FAILED, address received: 0.0.0.0/8 Stopped simtrans due to DHCP failure

CraigD

Patron

This is a great PC, I've just purchased 2 of them , I've not even thought of it as a freeNAS server as it is a poor fit

Out of curiosity how much RAM does it have? mine came with 4GB in each one

Read the recommended hardware in the resources section, let us know what you need from your server, how much storage you need, and your budget

Have Fun

francisaugusto

Contributor
This is a great PC, I've just purchased 2 of them , I've not even thought of it as a freeNAS server as it is a poor fit

Out of curiosity how much RAM does it have? mine came with 4GB in each one

Read the recommended hardware in the resources section, let us know what you need from your server, how much storage you need, and your budget

Have Fun

This is my config:

FreeNAS-11.2-RELEASE-U1
(Build Date: Dec 20, 2018 22:41)
Processor:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz (8 cores)
Memory:
16 GiB

It works fine, I guess it's a configuration problem. These jails are simply not working. Not getting the ip address.

francisaugusto

Contributor