Plugin grief with fresh install

jdehnert

Cadet
Greetings Everyone,

I just installed TrueNAS on a PC that was given to me by my son. I installed Owncloud, and that seems to go OK, but I can't connect to it at all just yet. I also installed Radarr and Bazarr, but both threw errors during the install. I can't connect to any of these services. The system says they are running, but netstat does not show anything listening outside of the basics. That may be because I'm not running netstat in the jails. Jails are a new concept to me. I wish there was better documentation for them, but that's not the issue.

I decided to uninstall Bazarr and Sonarr to get my system back to a basic config. Attack one problem at a time. But when I try an uninstall Bazarr I'm getting the following error:

CalledProcessError
[EFAULT] Command jls -j ioc-major.bazarr devfs_ruleset failed (code 1):

The expanded error detail can be found here.

I just built this system yesterday, so I expect there are likely some obvious things I have overlooked. Right now I can't even undo what I have done, so I'm hoping the collective wisdom will help me out.

System Info:
Version: TrueNAS-12.0-RELEASE
Memory: 15.8 Gb
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz
NextCloud: Official Plugin Version: 20.0.1
Radarr: Version: 0.2.0.1504

carpenike

Cadet
Did you ever happen to get this resolved? I've got a similar problem with a netdata plugin that I'm trying to remove.

jdehnert

Cadet
No, I never did. I got frustrated so I tried installing RickStore instead, but that disto also has some issues with its plugin system. Personally, I like TruNASS more, but neither are working for me at the moment.

carpenike

Cadet
OK. I ended up clearing this out by deleting the iocage dataset from the pool that had my plugins/jails. Had to reboot to get an unmount to work.

Doesn't look like you can use hyphens or periods in the jail name which is unfortunate as I wanted prometheus to have the FQDN of the server included in the scrape of netdata which comes from the instance (hostname) of the jail.