Plexmediaserver can't access files in Transmission Jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stampy

Cadet
I'm new to anything more basic than a simple Plex install with files loaded through a CIFS share, which I can't seem to access now that I upgraded to Windows 10 (I'll post that separately). I'm probably missing some really basic step or something.

I recently installed Transmission, SickRage, and Couchpotato as seen in joshruehlig's Youtube video. This puts all three in a jail together and has some processing scripts etc... I've got that part working. Now my issue is that Plex can't see those files.
I think I've mounted the Transmission dataset in the Plex jail (as mnt/transmission_files), but can't see of the folders in the dataset.

In my transmission Jail I see:
root@transmission_1:/ # ls -l /mnt/media/videos/tvshows
total 11
drwxr-xr-x 3 media media 3 Nov 8 19:50 The Big Bang Theory
In my plex Jail I see:
root@plexmediaserver_1:/ # ls -l /mnt/
total 22
drwxr-xr-x 2 root wheel 2 Nov 9 17:16 media
drwxrwxrwx 2 816 816 2 Nov 11 17:27 transmission_files

root@plexmediaserver_1:/ # ls -l /mnt/transmission_files
total 0​

the /mnt/media folder was a previous attempt at mounting the dataset with a different name.
user media is ID 816 for reference.

Hopefully someone can help me get things sorted (please use small words :)

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Can you show a screenshot of your Jails > Storage tab

Stampy

Cadet
Can you show a screenshot of your Jails > Storage tab

Here is a screenshot. /mnt/SASTE.Volume/SASTE.Media is the plex's original data source, /mnt/SASTE.Volume/media is the one for Transmission etc...
upload_2015-11-14_11-52-18.png

Attachments

• upload_2015-11-14_11-49-49.png
    upload_2015-11-14_11-49-49.png
    181.8 KB · Views: 286

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Here is a screenshot. /mnt/SASTE.Volume/SASTE.Media is the plex's original data source, /mnt/SASTE.Volume/media is the one for Transmission etc...
View attachment 9272
there's nothing mounted to your transmission jai. i assume you want something mounted there's (like I describe in my blog post). you can then also mount that to your plex jail.

Stampy

Cadet
I totally missed that step...d'oh. everything else in the guide still worked, mkdir, etc.... so I didn't even realise I missed it.

I've added it, readded the folders, and got things started running. Not sure how many steps of the guide I'll have to redo now, but I'll work through it again.

Thanks for the help. (Changing to SOLVED)

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I totally missed that step...d'oh. everything else in the guide still worked, mkdir, etc.... so I didn't even realise I missed it.

I've added it, readded the folders, and got things started running. Not sure how many steps of the guide I'll have to redo now, but I'll work through it again.

Thanks for the help. (Changing to SOLVED)
sweet!

Status
Not open for further replies.