Plex & Torrent Jails

looneyguy

Cadet
Hi Everyone,

I was having an issue with allowing mount points on Plex & qBittorrents and after days of googling around I finally figured out an easy way that allowed me to grant permission to my system dataset pools and future dataset pools.

I use WinSCP via SSH into my Truenas server. Make sure you enable SSH in the web gui under services and click on the pencil to edit it and tick login as root with password and allow password authentication.

Then open up winscp and connet to your truenas with the servers ip address and your web gui login details and click yes to the ssh authentication message that appears.

then visit /mnt/pool-name/iocage/jails/plugin-name/root/etc/ then right click and edit group then at the bottom of the document add wheel:*:0:qbittorrent or if it's plex add wheel:*:0:plex then restart your jails and the mount points will be available.

I've tried numerous different help guides & videos and in the end I decided to add the user to the systems group wheel which finally resolved my headache.