Plex server service unable to start

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrteaiot

Dabbler
I just install the plex server for the first time. I am not able restart the service after reboot. I follow the YouTube instruction. I have error on the console when I clicked On the service. -- unknown class 'daemon' .. /etc/pam.d/su: insecure ownership..pam_start: system error..
I am a first timer. Any help would be appreciated. I am using the FreeNas 11.1-U6. Not work on the beta version gui.

short-stack

Explorer
I just install the plex server for the first time. I am not able restart the service after reboot. I follow the YouTube instruction. I have error on the console when I clicked On the service. -- unknown class 'daemon' .. /etc/pam.d/su: insecure ownership..pam_start: system error..
I am a first timer. Any help would be appreciated. I am using the FreeNas 11.1-U6. Not work on the beta version gui.

Installed how? Iocage jail? Warden jail? Plugin?
Just saying youtube instruction doesn't give us any indication as to what steps were provided nor what ones you followed.

If you can give more information with details we can try to help.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Complete list of hardware also.

danb35

Hall of Famer
I have error on the console when I clicked On the service. -- unknown class 'daemon' .. /etc/pam.d/su: insecure ownership..pam_start: system error..
You've almost certainly borked the permissions on your jails dataset. Destroy the jail and start over, following either the manual or one of the resources here rather than some random Youtube video.

mrteaiot

Dabbler
I have alert system: Warning smartd_daemon is not running. How do I fix this?
I use YouTube video as a way to learn this Freenas. Video is easier than reading..

danb35

Hall of Famer
I have alert system: Warning smartd_daemon is not running. How do I fix this?
You look for one of the many threads already out there on this subject, or you start a different thread, because it has nothing to do with trouble starting Plex.
I use YouTube video as a way to learn this Freenas.
Which one?

mrteaiot

Dabbler
I got it solve by reinstall the Plex plug-in and it works! But I do get warning message from Freenas : "WARNING: Sept. 2, 2018, 12:08 a.m. - smartd_daemon is not running.". Is that something I can fix or worry about? What is is for?

mrteaiot

Dabbler
I figure out from Google. Turn off smart feature on the thumb drive and it works..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.