SOLVED Plex Plugin DHCP Issue

whoiskrypto

Cadet
Hi All,

I'm very new to TrueNAS, so sorry if it's maybe a noob error :D

I was following a tutorial to install the PLEX Media Plugin but over and over again, I run into the same issue.

"Error: plex had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: + Acquiring DHCP address: FAILED, address received: ERROR, check jail logs Stopped plex due to DHCP failure Partial plugin destroyed"

I have the NAS installed as a local server, running it over my old PC. (16GB RAM, x64)

Anybody had the same issue and could fix it?

Many thanks in advance!

1644004105135.png

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
This is a common problem, and usually boils down to incomplete networking configuration on the host TrueNAS system. Have you configured a default gateway and DNS servers under Network->Global Configuration?

whoiskrypto

Cadet
Nevermind, finally found a different forum post, which helped me solve the issue :)

Funkatron

Cadet
Nevermind, finally found a different forum post, which helped me solve the issue :)

Can you share the link of the post that helped you?

cmar7945

Cadet
can anyone help me with this? i am trying everything listed in any threads about this in the forums, and nothing is working

QuemaPC

Cadet
This is a common problem, and usually boils down to incomplete networking configuration on the host TrueNAS system. Have you configured a default gateway and DNS servers under Network->Global Configuration?
I have 0 experience with any network stuff so apologies in advance. So far I only managed to learn how to login into my Netgear router/modem. If I go to Network->Global Configuration on truenas what areas do I fill out & what goes into those areas? I am at the point where I reinstalled truenas & wiped the drives, did not help haha.

I have My TrueNAS os a Virtual Machine on VMware ESXI server.

Had to Disable DHCP / and enable NAT to get it working.

1685553278720.png

That got me completed.
1685553360190.png