Plex plug in stops starting when storage is added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecken

Dabbler
I'm on FN 11.1 U5. I can install the plex plug in. It starts fine and I can go into it as normal. When I attempt to add storage for the PMS. The plug in does not start at all anymore. Once I delete the storage for the jail then the PMS plug in starts as normal. As a secondary issue that I have as well. Is that I can not browse anywhere besides /var/db/plexdata/plexmediaserver. I have found away around this by mounting my folders to that location but it wont save when I do get it working. Any help would be much appreciated on getting PMS running with storage attached.

kdragon75

Wizard
I'm on FN 11.1 U5. I can install the plex plug in. It starts fine and I can go into it as normal. When I attempt to add storage for the PMS. The plug in does not start at all any more. Once I delete the storage for the jail then the PMS plug in starts as normal. As a secondary issue that I have as well. Is that I can not browse anywhere besides /var/db/plexdata/plexmediaserver. I have found away around this by mounting my folders to that location but it won't save when I do get it working. Any help would be much appreciated on getting PMS running with storage attached.
If your mounting the storage to that location, that will break things. If I recall correctly there are files in the location that plex need to run. Mounting the storage over that will block access to those files. I recommend making a folder in you Plex jail mkdir /mnt/plex and mounting the storage there. In plex, just add /mnt/plex/ (don't browse just type the path in).

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Add your storage to /mnt or /media. Once you've mounted the storage go to your Plex UI and manually type in the path to your storage. You can't browse, it's a bug that's been present in Plex for a while that they won't fix.

kdragon75

Wizard
it's a bug that's been present in Plex for a while that they won't fix.
I feel like I was just saying this the other day...

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
It's extremely disappointing and frustrating trying to get Plex devs to address issues.

danb35

Hall of Famer
It's extremely disappointing and frustrating trying to get Plex devs to address issues.
...like that the iOS client doesn't actually delete synced content when you tell it to, so you have to delete the app off the device to free up the space. That one's been outstanding for years. Not to mention that the sync itself is slow af.

Status
Not open for further replies.