Plex not seeing media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusky

Dabbler
I'm following this tutorial
https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...to-install-plex-in-a-freenas-11-0-jail.19412/

I'm stuck at the step that says to run the command
pw groupadd Media -g 1001 && pw usermod plex -G plex,Media

I'm not sure how the command should be changed to fit my setup and I haven't had luck with it, here is my output

[root@SlothNAS ~]# ls -l /mnt
total 10
-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 5 Jan 22 21:17 md_size
drwxrwxr-x+ 3 SlothMaster SlothGroup 4 Jan 30 22:10 SlothJail
drwxrwxr-x+ 3 SlothMaster SlothGroup 4 Jan 29 21:59 SlothStorage

[root@SlothNAS ~]# pw groupadd SlothGroup -g 1000 && pw usermod SlothMaster -G SlothMaster,SlothStorage
pw: group name `SlothGroup' already exists
[root@SlothNAS ~]#

nojohnny101

Wizard
You have to run that command within the jail, not from the root of the FN system.

SSH into the jail then run that command.

Rusky

Dabbler
When I run the command from inside the jail I don't get any output

root@plexmediaserver_1:/ # ls -l /mnt
total 0
root@plexmediaserver_1:/ #

nojohnny101

Wizard
Sorry I mean the command you outlined above. This one:
Code:

Rusky

Dabbler
Sorry I mean the command you outlined above. This one:
Code:

I don't get the error now but I'm not sure how this command should be changed to match my storage and group names.

Rusky

Dabbler
I figured it out

The guides that I've been using say to point the jail storage destination to /media
For whatever reason when I try to add media from Plex it starts me off in a deeper folder and didn't let me browse up. So I pointed the storage destination to that deeper folder path and now it all shows up.

danb35

Hall of Famer
So I pointed the storage destination to that deeper folder path and now it all shows up.
...or just type in /media/whatever.

This has been a constant since Plex got to a certain version. They removed the /mnt section in the browser as they want it mounted in a subdirectory of their folders by default. As @danb35 said all you have to do is type it in. In fact I think I have personally said exactly that at least 15 times in the last few months since the change and I have done so here as well as on the Plex forums.

Otherwise mount it in the Plex directories, you should be able to find the location for your install as it is different based on using the plugin, the regular pkg or the plexpass pkg.

Status
Not open for further replies.